Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: How bad is my blower leak? (photos) 56K beware

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Batoutahell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 19th, 2000
    Posts
    356
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I plan to remove the blower tomorrow and check on the oil level. Having looked at the installation instructions (backwards), the procedure is a little more complicated that I expected. I plan to unbolt the blower from the IM, then remove the IM and pull the blower out from above. It looks too difficult to remove the blower from below like JR suggests.

    Anyway, here is a LINK to pic's from above and from below. Click on the word "pictures." Does this look like excessive "weeping"?

    Edited: to link pic's on Honda-Tech
    Re-edited: to clarify my link to pic's [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 22, 2003 01:50 AM: Message edited by: Batoutahell ]</font>
    Pictures

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 22, 2003 01:51 AM: Message edited by: Batoutahell ]</font>

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2000
    Posts
    3,835
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nice pics... NOT !!!
    LOL

    How do they know you are posting a link ?!?

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2000
    Posts
    3,835
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    That sure looks like a LOT of fluid... and since it is really "all over" the top of the blower, I suspect it is NOT from inside the blower itself. Before you remove the blower, how about removing the fill plug on the end of the blower and stick your finger inside it to see where the oil level is.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Batoutahell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 19th, 2000
    Posts
    356
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Jim, don't tell me that all the oil on top of the blower, on the underside, and sprayed on the firewall isn't coming from the blower...and then not give me your guess where it IS coming from. I wasn't aware I could check the oil level with the blower mounted. I don't even know where the plug is. Digging for my instructions.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •